2.04.2012

Pina

I love artsy movies. LOVE them! One of my favorite times of of the year is Film Fest - wherever and whenever and the quirkier the better.


While I didn't see Pina at the Film Fest, I was lucky enough to catch it over the weekend and WOW! 
Pina Bausch is regarded as one of the world’s most radical and influential dance-makers and this film is a tribute to her by director Wim Wenders. Exploring the artistic possibilities of 3D, the film is a documentary journey of the work that Bausch made since first setting up her company in Wuppertal in 1973. 


[And how random that I just met some people from the very town of Wuppertal in Germany!]



The film is a beautiful exploration into Bausch's passion and human expression asserting her belief that dance is part of life, a language that can express emotions beyond words. 





“Dance, dance, dance.Otherwise we are lost.” 
~Pina Bausch




Have a peek at the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment