5.06.2012

Yogi's are not immune to the mundane

It just feels oh so wrong to turn your back on the ocean, wouldn't you agree?



It was a glorious weekend that started out with a sunset cycle through the foothills, Jiro Dreams of Sushi (for a little inspiration for a sushi dinner chez Blitz . . .  aside from the fact that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE film festy flicks):



And included long ocean walks, sailing, film watching (finally had the time to watch a movie: Iron Lady. Meryl Streep is fantastic!!!!!), a full SUPER moon hike up to Inspiration Point to watch sunset and moonrise, whale watching and dolphin spotting, lazing hours away at the beach flipping through StoryBranding by Jim Signorelli (stay tuned, I'm launching a new biz this year!!!!) and Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg - both perfectly inspiring. 

However, right before we went out sailing, I stubbed my left big toe on the curb. I have NEVER in my life experienced such pain from my big toe. EVER. Perhaps it wasn't such a big deal, but to a yogi, it most definitely is. Vomiting pain, I felt like I was about to pass out. There was no blood. There was no drama. Just shock. Today there is no visible bruising. The only raw evidence is my limp and my cracked nail. I can't bear to take the nail polish off (yup, it's that sensitive). AHHHH!

With my yoga practice, one of my deepest intentions is to cultivate awareness: awareness of life, others and self. Then all of a sudden WHAM!!! My toe!!!! It continually fascinates me how in one split second of a moment your world can change. 

And how vital our big toes are! Every step in the last 30 hours has been a moment of heightened awareness that rests on the platform of pain. Such a little thing like our big toe can have a BIG difference.

[Flashbacks of hiking up to Mount Everest Basecamp came flooding back . . .

. . . read the full story of 3 weeks trekking in Nepal to catch a glimpse of Mt Everest here.]

Yogi's are certainly not immune to the mundane: a stubbed toe. How hilarious! And painful!

The cascade of mental events in my mind ranged from my yoga practice to being a historical moment of past, to how this limp will affect my knees and my hips, to wondering if this is what happens with age?!

I tapped into my iPhone app, Heal Body by Louise Hay, to see what she had to say about Toes:

Probable Cause: Represent the minor details of the future.

New Thought Pattern: All details take care of themselves.

Indeed there are lots of exciting things on the horizon. Perhaps this full, super moon illuminates the necessity to chill out, let go, enjoy the journey and trust that everything will fall into place in its own time, in timing with the Divine . . . 


As today's golden rays begin to set with my dreams and aspirations running carefree with sand between my toes, I relish in the mystery of what makes this journey all the more intriguing.  



Kinda like sailing and becoming a part of the water, a part of the aquatic life and seeing life from a different perspective.



And so, to you full, luminous, super moon, I surrender - and so does my big toe. I trust that the details of the future will be taken care of in their own divine right. 


I surrender. I surrender. I surrender.


Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment