12.20.2012

reverb12 | Disappointment

What was the greatest disappointment of the year and how did you let go? 

It wasn’t this year but last that was the greatest disappointment of all. I’ll claim it as the greatest disappointment of the decade. And it threw me for a loop ... and then some. 

After months of tenuous dynamics and deep anger under the umbrella of general unhappiness, I realized that I am the one disappointing myself. I do believe that we choose our happiness and that it is a choice. Even in the darkest hour, there is a choice under which you can decide to view your reality. 

I am a believer in the dark and the light. I hold steadfast to the idea that we MUST know our darkness so that we can better navigate towards the light. With that in mind, then isn’t the darkness an insightful light?

I came across this quote about a year ago and continue to meditate on it often:



I've learned that when I feel disappointed there is no one to point my finger towards, no one to blame but myself. I think that when we can become accountable for our own experience it can be an incredibly empowering mOMent.

No comments:

Post a Comment