12.11.2012

reverb12 | one word



December 01 | One Word 
Encapsulate the year 2012 in one word. Explain why you're choosing that word. Now, imagine it's one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2013 for you?

Shakti. 

Every New Year, I choose a word as my personal mantra, my drishti, my guiding light. For 2012, my word is: NOW. 

Looking back on the year of past, on how NOW” manifested and infused my year, well, the answer is: every way and everywhere. I ceased the moment, from moment to moment and made it happen!

2012 brought a year of vast travel navigating the waters of life literally (I took a boating course!) and figuratively. I embarked on spiritual quests in Cambodia and Vietnam, did my dharma in Dubai (Erica Blitz Yoga Teacher Training - Arabian style) and beyond, got grounded in California (well, as much as any Gemini can get grounded), returned to my roots in the Canadian Prairies, explored the gateway of my voice, adventured where my eye caught a sparkle and beyond . . .

I reflected a lot this past year on how life is so precious and can change in a heartbeat and what I can do to live more fully in the now for that is truly all there is. Right here. Right now. Everything that has happened is the past and doesn’t exist in the now . And what is yet to be in the future is yet to happen so that doesn’t exist either. All there truly is is the here and now. And from a focus on the now - essentially, a focus on being present - I must say amazing things happen.

There was a whole lotta energy infused into this year and with everything accomplished and manifested, I now crave stillness. It is time to be still, to listen, and to open what the path ahead beholds. 2012 was a glorious year and will be a tough one to beat. However, a year from now, I would like to look back on 2013 with a light in my heart, sparkle in my step and a twinkle in my eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment