7.08.2013

daily mOMments

via ikilledjackjohnson

Hours before I jumped on a plane for my last YYoga Teacher Training (over at Yoga Public in Winnipeg), a dear friend of mine asked me to stay in touch and send her my three mOMents each day of yoga teacher training. She suggested that these three moments do not (necessarily) have to be the highlights of my day, but merely three things that stood out for me - they could be the low lights, the moments where my students really challenged me or reflected something back to me, the moments of illumination (break downs or break throughs) or any thing else in between.

And so, my journey into consciously reflecting on three simple mOMents each day with the intention of growing as a teacher, student and spirit quester begins.

Here are a few highlights:
  • It’s a blessing to be Canadian and I am so grateful for the opportunities to work and visit here.
  • The Mother-Daughter relationship proves to be the most mysterious, complicated and fortuitous dynamic of all.
  • I need to take better care of myself when I travel: sleep at least 7-8hrs/ night and eat more regularly.
  • Sleep makes me grounded and calm.
  • Silence nourishes in a way that rivals food.
  • Be more decisive. If I can avoid the trap of indecision as to what to do about whatever I unearth along my journey, I will be less susceptible to succumb to the cowardly old curse of a watered down sense of responsibility that robs me of being clear and empowered.
  • Move from the inside out rather than from the outside in.
  • Deep savasana = deep healing.
  • I really should NOT keep sugary treats in the house/hotel room. I do not even have a sweet tooth, but treats just seem to disappear. Poof!
  • Get beyond yourself to help others soar.
  • It’s ok to visit the past . . . as long as you stay grounded in the present and optimistic about the future.
  • When it comes down to it, I am not as strong as I think I am. But, hey, here’s to being optimistic.
  • commUNITY. The power of yoga in action is when the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
  • Be responsible for what you say.
  • Ask for more signs. Yup, angels, I'm talkin' to you!
  • Every student is a gift.
  • Everything good goes.
  • Sometimes, rest is best. Learning to honor my body.
  • Absence does make the heart grow fonder. Practicing the art of being alone and flying solo and staying connected.
  • Love more. Dislike less.
  • The time to take care is today.
  • Be earthward, earthling. 
  • Life whispers. Listen closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment