12.01.2015

12 of 12.


Welcoming the first day of the last month of the year, I feel full with gratitude for (nearly) another year and ever optimistic for a better + brighter New Year; this last weekend of November encapsulated most of what 2015 has been.

This weekend, we felt compelled to stay close together, spending time in both silence + deep conversation over candlelight in snowy spaces and + places, running errands to keep life feeling normal despite all that has transpired — errands and organizing and preparing for the major changes ahead, the new adventures to come. And in the midst of this organizing, I discovered boxes and boxes of old photographs, postcards from around the world, old receipts. These all hold stories of my past self, places I've travelled + lived, and moments of another time. 

So, I find myself here + now in the beauty of wanting to be nowhere else.

At times like these, the words of Anne Frank echo in the air, “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.”

Be well + hold those you love extra tightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment